LELEKA Maternity Hospital has everything necessary for quality perinatal care. We perform observations and provide medical care for premature infants and all babies born with different disorders during neonatal period.
Baby is provided with warm environment and care of highly qualified neonatologists
From the first breath, a baby is provided with warm environment and care of highly qualified neonatologists. Immediately after birth, a doctor assesses a baby’s condition using the Apgar scoring system.
Most healthy newborns have a score of 7 or 8 at 1 minute after birth, at a later time the score can reach the maximum value of 10. If a baby has the Apgar score of less than 7, the multidisciplinary neonatal team performs required resuscitation for newborn life support.The Department of Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care is equipped with appropriate medical equipment and monitoring system; and the most important that it provides a high quality around the clock care.
Preterm infants born at 22 to 34 weeks gestational age, who need intensive care, are provided with a full range of neonatal care services, and, if required, a baby can stay in the NICU for 28 days free of charge. Preterm infants are to be monitored using cerebral function monitoring to detect brain lesions for 24 hours. Automated monitoring of blood pressure, blood flow and blood parameters in newborns is used.
Early contact between the mother and her baby
Policies and practices to fully support breastfeeding and to provide a full rooming-in are implemented at LELEKA Maternity Hospital. Early contact between the mother and her baby starts during the first minute postbirth: doctors place the baby on the mother's breast in the delivery room and they stay together for 2 hours; then the mother and her baby are transferred to the postnatal ward.
After a cesarean birth, a farther puts his baby to the breast. So-called "heat chain" is extremely important for babies; it encourages breastfeeding, reduces aggressive intensive care, and helps to form an early emotional and psychological bond between parents and their child.
Aid neonatologists in the postpartum period
During postpartum period, experienced neonatologists and nurses monitor infants around the clock; help a new mother to take care of her baby at the hospital and after discharge, and give breastfeeding consultations. During hospital stay, a mother and her baby are provided with needed medications and personal care products. If a baby needs formula feeding, we provide baby food. If a mother had previous experience in formula feeding and has her preferences, her wishes are taken into account. Electric breast milk pumps are available at the maternity hospital.
LELEKA Maternity Hospital carries out mandatory expanded newborn screening for every infant to detect a number of disorders, which early diagnosis is important in neonatal period:
Pulse oximetry screening for early detection of critical congenital heart diseases (performed 24 hours after birth)
Expanded genetic screening for 26 inherited metabolic disorders
Audiologic screening for early detection of hearing impairment in newborns using otoacoustic emission method (performed 2-3 days after birth)
At first days after birth, a baby is given BCG and hepatitis B vaccine with parental consent, and if there are no contraindications to vaccination. The vaccines are manufactured in Bulgaria and Belgium. After getting the vaccines, a baby is under strict supervision of a neonatologist.
According to medical protocols and international standards, it is recommended that within first hours after birth, all newborn infants receive intramuscular vitamin K to prevent VKDB.
- Use of NeoPuff in the delivery room
- Surfactant replacement therapy
- Neonatal vaccination
- Intensive care and resuscitation
- All types of respiratory therapy from non-invasive respiratory support to artificial respiration
- Lung ventilation, including high-frequency oscillatory ventilation
- Surfactant replacement therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Parenteral or intravascular nutrition
- Exchange blood transfusion
- Rational antimicrobial therapy
- Immune-corrective therapy based on laboratory assessment of immune status
- Biochemical genetic testing
- Pulse oximetry screening for early detection of congenital heart diseases
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Amplitude-integrated electroencephalography, dynamic screening for brain injury
- Newborn hearing screening
upto 25% off for Delivery PackagesRead more
Бажаю вашому персоналу міцного здоров'я, вдячних пацієнтів та здорових "Лелечат"! Успіхів та процвітання! Дякую вам.
Благодарим весь медицинский состав, который принимал, готовил, помогал в рождении нашего сыночка. А также отдельная благодарность врачу акушеру-гинекологу Коваленко Николаю...
Величезна подяка за ідеальні пологи акушерці Сердюк Наталії Григорівні. Дуже професійна, з великим серцем та ідеальними руками людина! Особисті величезні подяки акушеркам відділення...
Which specialists carry out prenatal diagnostics at the LELEKA Maternity Hospital?
In the LELEKA Maternity Hospital, prenatal fetal diagnostics is carried out by accredited specialists in ultrasound diagnostics and obstetrician-gynecologists in accordance with the international standards of The Fetal Medicine Foundation. They have confirmed their knowledge in practice and collected a certificate that gives them the right to use the best programs for calculating the risk of possible anomalies in the first trimester, in particular the ASTRAYA program;
What are the benefits of prenatal care in the LELEKA Maternity Welfare Centers?
Your benefits of prenatal care in the LELEKA Maternity Welfare Centers:
- Pregnancy insurance program for the first and second trimesters which covers preterm delivery and other possible risks
- Prenatal care of any complexity
- Modern prenatal diagnostics carried out by accredited specialists in ultrasound diagnostics, obstetrician-gynecologists in accordance with the international standards of The Fetal Medicine Foundation. They annually confirm their knowledge in practice and collect a certificate that gives them the right to use the best programs for calculating the risk of possible fetal anomalies in the first trimester, in particular the ASTRAYA program
- Possibility of continuous monitoring and examination of pregnant women with a high degree of risk regardless of their location using the innovative Sense4baby device
- Free and healthy breakfasts in our restaurant for every pregnant woman following the laboratory tests that should be carried out fasted
- Stay in a day hospital (the number of days depends on your package)
- Online parenting school
- Loyal discount policy for the patients of the LELEKA Maternity Hospital who are planning to conclude a prenatal care contract
- Patient online account, where you can make an appointment, track your test results, etc.
How early can you sign the contract for birth services at LELEKA Maternity Hospital?
For patients who receive prenatal care at LELEKA Maternity Hospital, the contract can be signed after the 22nd week of pregnancy. For patients who are registered for prenatal care at other healthcare facility, the contract can be signed after 34 weeks of pregnancy and after prenatal tests and examinations at LELEKA Maternity Hospital. Prenatal tests and examinations will be included in the cost of birth services package.
What documents are required when signing the contract for birth services?
When signing the contract, the following documents will be required:
What is internal “hospital only” health insurance plan at LELEKA Maternity Hospital?
Whatever birth services package you choose, its cost includes medical risk insurance plan. If medical indications exist, caesarean section, stay of a newborn in the neonatal intensive care unit during the neonatal period (28 days), including all necessary medications for a mother and her baby is provided.